Wednesday 9 July 2014

A Bit Prickly!

Before I start, well, now that's not correct because I have technically started, but I would like to thank two lovely friends of mine for the idea for this post.

Thanks K and E - you know who you are (well, I hope you do because if you don't then you may not realise you have two lovely kids and you may have left them accidentally at the shops yesterday and ......I digress!).

Anyway, it started out by discussing my recent road trip to Victoria.

It then led into an incredible fact that I did not know - actually not so much a fact but a law. Yes, an actual law.  Legal stuff.

Apparently, it is illegal to wear pink hot pants after midday on a Sunday. In Victoria. Well, it's fortunate that I didn't know that on Sunday!!!
url.jpg
Oh, I didn't realise there was a camera



I decided to investigate further into other laws that I may have unintentionally broken.

Such as only licensed electricians are allowed to change a light bulb in Victoria (not sure what happens if it is on a Sunday and they are wearing pink hot pants at the same time?)

And this - It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as you might be a cat burglar!

Or taxi's are required to carry a bale of hay in their boot.

And that bars are required to stable, water and feed the horses of their patrons.

url.jpg
I'll have a double!

Those were the ones from Australia.

Here are some more I discovered whilst reading my legal epistles (aka surfing the net) - I have included the country of each one as a travellers tip for you - my pleasure!

In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses Of Parliament.

It is illegal, in France, to name a pig Napoleon.

url.jpg
Call me Bacon!

In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.

url.jpg
Steady on!

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, even in a policeman's helmet (Don't tell Todd Carney - too soon???).

In the UK again, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In Rhode Island, USA, it is illegal to sell toothpaste and toothbrushes to the same person on a Sunday.

And finally, well there are actually dozens more but I have to put a stop to it somewhere, in Florida, USA, it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine.

url.jpg
Ouch!

What the?????

Have you broken a law?

Do you have a pet pig??

Like porcupines???


Lisa xox

No comments :

Post a Comment