Tuesday 8 July 2014

Confession #1

I have to confess something.

I am not happy about confessing this, but it appears I have to bite the bullet and admit a fault.  Only one, mind you.

It is apparent that I have lost the ability to park.  The car.  Not everywhere mind you.

I can safely parallel park, in fact I take pride on my ability to do so (unlike my Aunty who somehow managed to pass her driving test in her forties without ever doing a parallel park, and used to leave the car out in the street, motor running, yelling to my Uncle to come and park the car for her. No biggie other than the fact they lived on a MAJOR ROAD in the CITY!!!).

No, it is when there are lines.  To designate a parking spot.

url.jpg
Shouldn't be too difficult

I first noticed this at the start of the year. After my major knee surgery, I had to go to rehab a few times a week.  I was fine driving but when I parked in between the lines, or not as the case may be, I noticed that I sort of missed.

Somehow I managed to park on an angle so that the back of the car was perfectly parked but the front of the car was a bit crooked.

url.jpg
Yes, even with no other cars around

I thought initially that I was the only one who noticed this, until Mr Physio commented EVERY FRIGGING DAY about how funny it was when I drove in and parked that I actually couldn't.  Park that is.

I blamed the leftover pain killers in my system however it is now 7 months since the surgery and I don't really have much of an excuse.

I have noticed that I now seem to do it everywhere.

Shopping centre car parks - tick.

Motel accommodation carparks - tick

Work car park - tick

Whilst on holidays and parking in designated areas - tick tick and tick


study-women-are-better-at-parking-than-men.jpg
Well technically there is a space!!!


I am not sure why this is occurring and am even more unsure as to what I should do about it.



I'm thinking someone might leave me something like this...

park+inside+the+lines.jpg





What do you think?



Are you a fabulous parker?

Can you parallel park??

Have you lost your glasses like me???


Cheers

Lisa xox


No comments :

Post a Comment