Saturday 21 July 2012

Magic Wand Needed

Yesterday I had a new experience. Yep, at 46  36 years of age (cough cough) I experienced something for the first time.

However, I really wished I hadn't. With. all. my. heart.

I went with a wonderful friend while she had her first chemotherapy treatment.

This friend only found out very very recently of this ghastly disease in her body.

This friend who has been listening to me whine about no job, possibly having to move again (yes, that will be in the next post), the endless visits to medical practitioners trying to find out when Horse Girl will ever get off her crutches, and some ranting about certain people/places who should know better.

And then, when I came up for air, she told me what she had been doing the past couple of days.

I have sworn a lot - and questioned the universe a lot too.

But, it is about staying positive. I am there for whatever and whenever she needs, for her and her family. I have searched and searched for the magic wand because all I want to do is make it better. And go away.

And never come back. Ever. To anyone.

At least we still can use our warped sense of humour. I have been cooking some meals to give her a break, but in the last batch I did have to say - Well if this frigging cancer doesn't kill you, my cooking probably will.

Don't judge me for that. That is how we are together. We have to make light of things around us.

And it is up to me to stay positive and send her positive thoughts every minute of every day.

I saw an ad on TV last night for Daffodil day. It's on August 24. There are not many people in this world who have not been touched themselves or someone they know by this hideous disease.

So if you can, buy a daffodil. And send positive thoughts to those who are suffering, and to those who are searching for the cure. And to the families who have been left behind.

And for the carers and medical staff. The nurses in this place yesterday were literally angels.

Let's beat the crap out of this frigging disease.

ANd if anyone finds those magic wands, please send one my way

Cheers

Lisa x0x

No comments :

Post a Comment