Friday 14 October 2011

I am so lucky!!!

It has been a very busy week. Working in my full time job all week with after hours events and meetings every night. Then a meeting at Georgia's school to find out what I am doing at their fete - stage manager/presenter no less (!!!!)
Then a day's teaching today as well as still doing work for my full time job, three afternoon chores then took kids to Sydney to their Dad's.
Finally home at 8.30pm to do a bit more work. Yep, I feel shattered. It's been a busy week and my mind is racing about work stuff.

So whilst working I turned the TV on to watch My Sister's Keeper. I read the book not so long ago so know the story but had never seen the movie. I am actually still watching it now.

However, the tears won't stop. Seeing young kids suffer - it is not fair. To see anyone suffer is not fair.
But to see young kids suffer, who have not had the chances to live at least part of a decent life - why? Who chooses? Why do they suffer?

Sometimes I think that life has thrown me a few challenges and I used to ask why? But I have always said, that the kids and I are healthy and that is what counts

And it is. SO yes, I am a bit tired tonight, and I wish my mind could turn off for a while but you know what?

I am lucky and I hope you are too. And let's treasure what we have .



Now if someone can just get me another box of tissues I should be right!!!

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."    Buddhist quote

No comments :

Post a Comment