Saturday 24 December 2011

A Slight Interruption to Your Viewing

I have wondered and wondered about writing this post.

It is not the culmination of our camping adventure - that is still too come!!!

This is just mainly for me I guess.

Christmas is a time of year which can be tough for many. The kid's Dad and I have a ritual - whoever has the kids for Christmas invites the other parent to Christmas Eve dinner and stays the night so we still share Christmas morning together.

No, we are not great or anything like that. I guess we both love our kids and neither of us could imagine not seeing them for Christmas. It does get easier I admit, although other family members find it hard to cope with.



I must admit that we are mostly now in an OK place with each other that we can have a drink together and a bit of a laugh - I even gave him some homemade rocky road to take to his Mum tomorrow for Christmas - yes, I am an angel from heaven (ahem).




But I also can become quite reflective as well at this time. This time of year can be a real struggle for so many, whether you are surrounded by love ones or not.

Sometimes we can be lonely even when we are surrounded by people. Others may not have anyone at Christmas to share the day or even some of the time with.

It can be very difficult for those who suffer from the dreaded black dog - depression.

I am one of the lucky ones, and I do feel so very thankful every day. I have two wonderful kids, a great family, some fantastic friends, and even an ex husband who I can have a drink with now.

But, I have also had the dreaded black dog trying to pull me along at times and it can be bloody hard. Trying to do everything, and do the best I can etc etc can be hard sometimes.

I have that black dog at heel now, after a tough year in 2010. Yes, 2011 has been better and I am looking forward to 2012 - for some strange reason I always think even years are better for me!!!  :)

But, if you are feeling like things are tough, or you feel alone, or that sometimes things are just not right, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I remember reading stories like this when I was very troubled, and thought they were probably a lot of crap.

Well, this one is true. 

I am not going to give advice, god knows I am not any good at it.  But, please know that if you feel troubled, you are not alone.  And please remember to take some time out for yourself this Christmas. It can be bloody hard - we will be spending a few hours in the car travelling tomorrow.



But that's OK.


Sometimes, I just take it a day at a time. Sometimes an hour at a time.



And that's OK.



Unfortunately, this dreaded disease (and it IS a DISEASE) is still taboo.   People don't want to talk about it, or just say "Oh everyone has bad days".

But that's not OK.

IT IS MORE THAN THAT.

But, I just want to say tonight that I hope wherever you are, and with you are with loved ones or not, I hope that you have A MERRY CHRISTMAS and A VERY HAPPY 2012.



Hope I haven't scared you off.

Will resume normal ridiculous blogging after Christmas.




I still have to tell you about the sing alongs at the neighbours campsites and how the car was making some VERY STRANGE NOISES!!!!!

Love
Lisa


x0x

No comments :

Post a Comment