Friday 2 December 2011

My New Career

Now those of you who know me who read this blog know that I have had a couple (ahem!!) of different careers in my working life. I have worked for schools, TAFE, breweries, travel companies, building centre, Historic house (and if you are in Sydney and never been to Eryldene you should go - it really is amazing), councils (mmmm), sporting organisations (must be that mad athletic training that I do), magazine industry amongst others - yes, I am actually 105!

But, I have decided that there may be a new career beckoning. And that is a professional Topiarist (I don't even know if that is a word).

In this latest house we live in we have a number of hedges. In fact the whole driveway is lined with them.
Can you guess which driveway is mine???



And for those regular readers, you will know that Dad was down recently and after doing a bit of clipping ending up in the hospital that night.

But luck would have it that last week ALDI had electric hedge trimmers on sale.

It did take three days to charge the battery, but for $40 I'm not complaining (ok, maybe a little bit). I did a little practice run yesterday but that was only the hedge from the front balcony as it started to rain - I told you we have hedges everywhere.

But I have been out there and trimming everything I can see. I have done the driveway, the hedges at the front fence, all the plants in the front yard , plus a little bit of one of the poles holding up the front deck - oops!!!

Now, I am going to show you a little bit of my handiwork here (scroll down)












So, what do you think?  Would you hire me to topiarise your garden (still unsure if that is a word too)???


Cheers

Lisa xox

Oh and p.s. I am sorry if I have a few spelling errors in this post - my bloody hands won't stop shaking from the trimmer

No comments :

Post a Comment