Saturday 7 June 2014

Almost SIX Years

I cannot believe that it is almost SIX YEARS since Horse Girl and the Senior Sergeant and I, with Charlie the Wonder Dog, left the big smoke and moved to the Southern Highlands.

At times, it seems only yesterday that we packed up that bloody big truck and ventured down the Hume, and at other times I feel like I have been here forever.

I don't believe that I will ever be known as a "local" but I do feel at home here.  I'm not sure that I will stay here forever, must be that gypsy in me, but for the moment, I believe it is where we should be.

I do miss the coast but it's only a drive down the hill, and we are at some of the most beautiful beaches this land has to offer - AND NO PARKING FEES EITHER- which I love.





But it's not just the physical parts of where we live - although I do adore the rolling hills and the wide open spaces.



It's the people.  of course, I still love and adore my friends from the big smoke - I just never seemed to be able to catch up enough with them.  And some days here I feel the same. I think that life won't be as busy, but it is.

But I do feel blessed that we have been welcomed in to the community here, and that we are blessed with so many friends - or they are frigging good at pretending to be friends!!!!

No, in all seriousness, they are.  Whether it be at work (whichever one I'm at!!), kids friend's and their families, sporting friends, all you other renegades, I do feel blessed. 

Not being able to walk down the street without hearing some little 'un call out "Hi Mrs Heavens" or an older kid come up to me and say "Oh you were a cack as a casual teacher" (OK, so I'm not sure what they meant but I'm taking that as a good thing) I do feel a part of a community.

And through the wonders of social media, I still am able to be part of my community of city friends too. And that is something else worth treasuring.

So, who knows where I'll eventually end up!  I certainly don't, although I do think it will be closer to the ocean once again.

I just love me a roll in the sand!!!!

Cos' let's face it, I just LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE moving!!!



Love
Lisa x0x

p.s. And let's face it, I'm going to run out of places to live in down here!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment